DD15 emissions system maintenance
07-19-2022, (Subject: DD15 emissions system maintenance ) 
RE: DD15 emissions system maintenance
(07-19-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  ... There isn’t gonna be a common go to or just cleaning a bunch of stuff that’s gonna fix your problem

That is not really true.. MANY OF THE EMISSIONS SYSTEMS PROBLEMS on ALL BRANDS OF ENGINES are from the engine. The engine makes the soot, not the exhaust-cans. The engine is what creates most all the things that the emissions systems complain about.

An EGR tune-up will do one some wonders. Ya just have to take things apart and clean them out, replace old sensors that read wrong, etc. - That is the place to start with it every couple years or so. It is not that different from the red engines.. the EGR circuits get dirty, clogged, and the sensors read wrong after half a million miles of neglect.. it is that simple.

Also, that after-treatment system was designed by cummins. The NOx sensors, although slightly different will suffer from the same fast as they do on cummins engines. - they will start to read incorrectly and get weak after 250k miles or so.. and then the system complains all the time.

As well.. the SCR can loose its potency if any sort of moisture has gone thru it, washing it out of precious metals, etc. They get weak no matter what over time due to this, just from condensation, etc.. so also, ensure there is no coolant seeping from the engine or egr cooler, etc.. that can make the problems worse.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , RollinCoal

Messages In This Thread
RE: DD15 emissions system maintenance - Rawze - 07-19-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.