Losing Water and Running Hot
08-08-2022, (Subject: Losing Water and Running Hot ) 
RE: Losing Water and Running Hot
ISX engines do not like being overheated. Sounds like you ran yours in that state for hours on end. NOT good for it at all... and 245+ oil temps is too high too.

and WHY is it running so hot all the time?. It is supposed to run at 185F unless your climbing a hill.. where it should not be getting more than about 218-220 ~ish or so max. Oil temps should not be exceeding 218 or so going down the roads and about 235-F max or so even in a hard sustained pull. - Is it being over-worked>?? can the front end of the truck not breathe properly?... thermostat going bad?... it has to be something.

Is this engine de-mandated? (deleted)?.. If so then that is priority one to have the program checked to see if it is contributing towards liners and head gasket issues. More than 90% of all de-mandate programming results in significantly shortened engine life leading to dropped liners, cracked head, cracked pistons, repeating turbo failures, and/or other serious problems. Bad de-mandate programming can and will make one overheat far more easily... + make the oil temps run too hot all the time due to excessive internal engine friction.
ref: https://youtu.be/sQESWU3_wAI

-===

the proper way to check the coolant system is to pressurize it to 20 psi./. fix any external leaks.. and then pressurize it again with the oil pan off of it over night like mentioned above.. check for coolant seeping around one of the pistons the next day while someone turns the engine with a wrench.

and NO.. there is hardly ever signs of a blown head gasket / dropped liner, etc., so expecting white smoke, power loss, or other signs is nothing but a fools tale except if it is really really severe.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Losing Water and Running Hot - Rawze - 08-08-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.