ISX 600: Trouble in paradise
08-15-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
RE: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise
(08-15-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
Back to your original issues...

That turbo should not be making boost while sitting there like that. That is a sign that it is stuck trying to warm up a missing/hollowed out DPF canister ... like most (more than 90% or all deltes) that I review have issue with... choking the exhaust, making lower then normal fuel mileage, and torturing the pistons/liners in the block.

First things first though... Copy the program out of the ecm (using the Calterm software) and e-mail it to me for a proper review so that you will know the actual quality and/or harm that program may be doing to the guts of the engine. You should be worried like h#ell at this point about the health of your engine from running it for 2+ years already on bad programming. I hope you have the moneys saved up for the likely inframe in its near future due to head gasket failure, as it sounds like at this point, it is already on borrowed time. We see it every day around here.

Thank you for the response. The truck has a 3:73 rear end, 46k tandem drives, and a 14.6k steer axle, eight bag rear suspension, heavy duty drive line, front disc brakes, etc. By no means heavy haul but paired with a triple axle RGN is a good combination. I'm still in the market for that RGN and have yet to pull over 80k with this truck. I pull van hazmat. I split my shifts at 1700 down to 1500 generally. 70 mph sits the engine just under 1600 RPM.

I've had a turbo actuator code pop up in two separate occasions over the past couple years but they went away on their own. At the beginning of this year my coolant was black from oil so I had the oil cooler, transmission cooler, and reservoir replaced.

No pyro, straight piped, and EGR unplugged. I'm curious about patching into the temperature sensor already installed in the exhaust pipe leaving the turbo to the stacks
replyreply

Messages In This Thread

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.