ISX 600: Trouble in paradise
08-17-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
RE: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise
(08-16-2022 )Bakanka Wrote:  Rawze just by reading your past, i now started realizing how bad industry got by ripping hard working truckers. Good that there are people like you trying to open our eyes.

(08-16-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  I Was sent the file from this persons truck today. Here is what I see at a glance...

* No proper engine mode control was done. This causes ...

I don't make this stuff up.. or exaggerate it. -== I simply look down thru the program and it becomes pretty obvious real fast. I am also able to broadcast my desktop on a streaming service so that someone can look and see what I see while I am looking thru someone's program.. so that they can make their own judgements ... I hide nothing, and am always willing to share what I know openly with nothing to hide.

I just think it is a shame that this industry is so incredibly infested with people who do bad programming. I think it is a shame that the engine tuning websites and forums are infested, from the top down, with it as well. I think it is a shame that the people doing that stuffs get away with it so easily, all while denying full force that their s$it don't stink. These same people will often brag about how they are tuning {butchering} 20+ trucks a day without any other complaints. -= That is how they judge themselves.. by how many they can do in a week, and how many different kinds of engines they can do.. instead of anything based in reality or science. It is a down right narcissistic shame.

They all seem to also think that Rawze (me) is "Trying to copy their secrets".. or is "Out to discredit them", or maybe to take/steal their business away, or some other jealous, self-righteous, idiotic reasons that have nothing to do with anything but their own ego and reflection in the mirror.

Some of them even claim "it took them years to perfect" that program that they made and other things. Well, that may even be true, .. but this IS ALSO THE ISSUE!. Years of tweaking on a bad programming method does not make it any better. It instead, makes it nothing but a pile of band-aides and duct tape, stacked upon engine-harming problems.

Like someone claiming to be the worlds best alternator repair shop, because they have been in business for 20+ years, they do 50 a week of every brand out there, and they have perfected their techniques. This, only to watch them smash your alternator apart with a sledge-hammer, replace a few parts inside it they they "think" might be bad, and then wrap it up in a big ball of duct tape and bailing wire, it cracked all to he@#ll underneath. They then hand it back to you, calming its worth thousands of dollars now because they have a special "duct tape wrapping technique".. and that you are not allowed to question it.

Not knowing any better, you put that Alternator back onto your vehicle .. and it falls apart in a few months due to the tape melting, and destroys half your engine when it does. You call them up to say that you did not think it was so great, and that it caused other damage, and that maybe they should not use a sledge hammer to bust it apart, but maybe some proper tools and a service manual, in good faith, so that someone else does not end up with a destroyed vehicle..

.. AND THEY GET MAD AND YELL AT YOU AND CLAIM THEY ARE THE EXPERTS AND THAT YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR QUESTIONING WHAT THEY DO! .. AND HOW DARE YOU LOOK AT OUR SPECIAL DUCT TAPE METHODS!!!.. YOU ARE THE BAD GUY, NOT THEM!!!. We do 50 a week.. so WE ARE NOT WRONG!.

... and such the cycle of stupidity continues with places like this.

* I have never had issue with others charging moneys for "custom programming". I know that people seek that kind of stuffs all the time.

* I have never had issue with people even charging a lot of moneys for it if they choose to.

* I could care less who's "method" or "tricks", "special methods" etc. or whatever someone has come up with.

When I review some else's program, it has nothing whatsoever to do with any kind of jealousy, or ridicule, or trolling, or "who's better then who" ... I could really care less about all that petty garbage. It is simply to bring light to the issues at hand so that they can be solved properly and reliably. Questionable programming is as bad as questionable parts inside your engine. Most of the time though, a person cannot feel it.. or see it.. or know that it is bad/harmful without actually looking at it. -= Just like with anything else, if you don't inspect it and ensure it is in tip top shape.. then any secondary issues cannot be resolved either.

If some person or place has done even a half-decent job of "custom" programming someone else's $40,000 commercial engine that the truck owner has to rely on to feed their family, make their profits from, pay their bills, and get that return on all the moneys invested in the equipment and fuel, then more power to them.

What I DO have issue with is all the 90%+ half-baked solutions being used, that cause damage, shortened engine life, and all the grief that a truck owner is going to face some day. This AFTER they paid someone who claims they knew what they were doing, when in all reality they are completely clueless, trapped in their own world of thinking that they are some kind of engine tuning guru worthy of risking someone else's $40,000 engine on blind assumptions and bubble-gum band-aides.

It is the dunnung kruger effect in full force and that is the heart of the plague.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid46682

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise - Rawze - 08-17-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.