Exhaust back pressure?
09-03-2022, (Subject: Exhaust back pressure? ) 
RE: Exhaust back pressure?
couple things need to be kept in mind...

A). coolant flow needs to be maintained to the back of the engine bloc, so removing the egr cooler should not be done unless a 3/4" line is adapted to replace its coolant circuit.

B). The exhaust gas pressure sensor is what that small pipe goes to. It is an important sensor for the engine and its efficiency. That circuit needs to be maintained as well.

so... if you put on the manifold front piece at cylinder#1, the same part that normally goes for cylinder#6, then either a bung needs to be welded in (after cutting it off the old manifold piece) to allow that pipe to be connected.. or you need one pre-made with the pipe bung connection.

last but not least.. .. you should be aware that more then 90%+ of all de-mandate programming is significantly harmful to these engines. You need to get the program copied out of that ecm and e-mailed to me for a proper review before continuing forward. It is as important as checking to see if you have sand in your oil and should not be taken lightly. It does not matter how you feel the engine runs, etc... because all the harm that happens does so over time inside the engine eating it up, and can cut engine life in half or less sometimes without the driver ever felling it until its far too late.

best bet is to simply replace the egr cooler, or weld thick plates into its ends so that the seepage cannot escape... that is what I would do in that situation. It is the easiest solution.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust back pressure? - Rawze - 09-03-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.