ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
09-08-2022, (Subject: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting ) 
ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
First of all, I'm new here and thank you for the invitation allowing me to join. My story is a bit lengthy in order to understand my question. I'm interested in buying a 2000 International 9900ix with a 565 ISX in it. It is of course all pre emissions. They gentlemen who owns it is a owner operator who is retiring, he purchased the truck new and actually ordered the truck according to his specifications. The truck, as a whole, appears to have been taken very good care of. He has 22 years of repair documentation. Now, moving on to my question. When the gentleman ordered the truck he said he opted against the 600 hp setting dues to the additional 15k in upgrades needed for the drivetrain. The current drivetrain was sufficient for 565 hp. After he told me that he continued to talk about the truck and told me about a time when the engine started running rough. This was not too long after he purchased it new. He said to fix that problem they removed a bunch of horsepower and torque through programming. I said, "Really, did they ever reflash the original program or horsepower settings" He said "no". I asked him "what horsepower is your truck"? He said "I'm not sure but the torque is set at 1850 at 1200 rpm". I asked how he knew that. He said "because that's what is on engine date plate". I said, "well yeah but you said the ecm was reprogrammed....". I think it's probably clear where I'm going with this. Question #1, Can I find out what the horsepower/torque settings are currently without hooking up to the truck? I pulled engine serial number up on Cummins QuickServe and can see the ecm code, but what do I do with it and would that be the latest flash in the ecm? Question #2, he said he opted against the 600 hp flash. Can I have the 600 hp flash loaded in the ecm if I choose to? I have the CPL, I'm lead to believe the CPL would support 600 hp and he just decided against it. Would that be true. Question #3, What were the torque settings offered on the 600 hp flash. He said it shows 1850 on the data plate for the 565, Did they offer 2050 on the 600 back in 2000? Or was it still 1850? I guess I have more than 3 questions...I would sure appreciate and help with this. The truck is 900 miles away and I'd sure like to know what my options are before I decide to go look at it. Thanks.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
ISX Horsepower/Torque setting - TBraun - 09-08-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.