ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
09-09-2022, (Subject: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting ) 
RE: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
(09-08-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  ... a pre-emissions 12.7 Detroit that I did a full rebuild on with internal parts to get 625 to the wheels and 2200 torque. Anyone who says the 12.7 was just a fleet engine with no low end grunt

JUST A WARNING ...

First and foremost!!!.... And isx is not a detroit!!!... It is not a cat.. It is a red-headed step-child with shorter connecting rods and a different design that does not like low-end (high) torque very much.

Putting more than above 1850 torque in an isx = almost always shortening its life by about 400k miles. It does not matter what the red engine maker claims it can do. It goes from a million mile engine to a 600k mile engine.

And a touting about ridiculous 2200+ ft.lbs would mean spending about $25,000+ about every 3 years or so for an ISX.

That is not place to be, or proper treatment of one at all. There is only a costly greif waiting at the end of that road... and all for what?.. so that someone can brag about it?. -= This forum has no place for someone who would want to do such things, as there is no benefit to long term profit for "having big power".

If someone puts 2050 (or more) torque in it then they can simply plan on spending about $25,000+ dollars on rebuilding it every 5 or 6 years, It is as simple as that.

So if you are looking for big power and torque numbers, then you have purchased the wrong piece of equipment!.

... and if 550 or 600/1850 is not enough for your operations.. THEN THE TRUCK IS GEARED WRONG!! for its application. Re-gearing it for its intended applications would make it pull much better, and be a far cheaper solution in the end... and NOT trying to squeeze more out of the most expensive thing in the drive-line (the engine).

=========

So I say ... Take your pick.. Do you want something that can make a profit with oin todays modern world of more-expensive trucking? ... Or something that someone can be a complete idiot with, to brag about, and drive straight it into the ground!@?... Because if it is the latter.. You are on the wrong forum!

This forum is about doing things right .. And doing things that yield better/long term profits... So ... Sorry, but we do not help people who are power-hungry idiots with their equipment that want do to stupid things to it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting - Rawze - 09-09-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.