ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
09-09-2022, (Subject: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting ) 
RE: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
(09-09-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-08-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  ... a pre-emissions 12.7 Detroit that I did a full rebuild on with internal parts to get 625 to the wheels and 2200 torque. Anyone who says the 12.7 was just a fleet engine with no low end grunt

JUST A WARNING ...

First and foremost!!!.... And isx is not a detroit!!!... It is not a cat.. It is a red-headed step-child with shorter connecting rods and a different design that does not like low-end (high) torque very much.

Putting more than above 1850 torque in an isx = almost always shortening its life by about 400k miles. It does not matter what the red engine maker claims it can do. It goes from a million mile engine to a 600k mile engine.

I don't think I'm a power-hungry idiot and I don't want to do anything stupid to it. If I indicated I wanted anything other than a stock setting for this engine, I apologize. If you're referring to the comments I made about the Detroit, let me be clear, I did not rebuild that engine with intentions of getting that horsepower and torque out of it, that's what it ended up as. It was a million mile 430hp that eventually sunk a liner and also needed a camshaft. When I got it back running and felt what it was like to drive a truck with 600 hp., I'd sure like to keep that. 565hp 1850 hp is certainly enough. But the problem is I don't know what this engine actually has right now. All I'm trying to find out is if there's any way of knowing what the engine has from 900 miles away. Doesn't sound like that's possible. The current owner mentioned to me that it Could have been set to 600hp, I'm just asking if it Still can be.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting - TBraun - 09-09-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.