CM870 won’t start when engines hot
09-08-2022, (Subject: CM870 won’t start when engines hot ) 
CM870 won’t start when engines hot
Recently my 2006 International with a 400HP CM870 has been having starting issues. In the morning when cold it starts up but idles rough for about 5 seconds and then runs fine. Today I turned the engine off after hauling for a few hours and cooling water temp down to 180 and tried to restart about 5 minutes later and it turned over fine but would not fire. I ended up using a shot or two of starting fluid and it fired up, ran rough for about 10 seconds and then ran fine down the road fully loaded. Later In the afternoon I was pulling onto the scale at the pit and the truck started idling rough and died. I managed to fire the truck back up barely and it skipped and sputtered but got me off the scale then died again. I waited 45 minutes and tried to start again, I cranked
On the engine hard and it fired up, idled rough for a few seconds and then ran perfect until the engine temp came back up and died again. I think it’s obviously a fueling issue but where should I start with my trouble shooting ? The electric lift pump sounds strong when you turn the key on and my fuel filters are brand new.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM870 won’t start when engines hot - Hemiterry - 09-08-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.