Can't keep fuel equal in tanks.
02-22-2023, (Subject: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks. ) 
RE: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks.
Well, I'm about to throw in the towel on this deal. The last thing I tried was eliminating the return lines going from the electric pump to both tanks. I plumbed the pump return in with the return fuel coming from the engine. Did it right at the back of the engine, was really quite simple to do. So now all the return fuel goes through 1 splitter valve and to the tanks. I'm still over-filling the right hand tank. The fuel level sensor is in the right hand tank. When running down the road you can see the gauge slowly creeping up. Stop and check the tanks, yep the left tank is considerably lower than the right. Here's something that's different. Now, with the engine shutoff the tanks will equalize. It wouldn't do that before. I think that's because before the pump return fitting on the tanks did not have a stand pipe. I think this was preventing the siphoning effect to take place. But, they still won't stay level with engine running. Another strange thing, after replumbing everything, the engine runs much smoother at low idle....how can that be possible?? I don't know...the only thing I can think of is when the return fuel from the pump was splashing in the top of the tank before, that was causing air bubbles in the fuel?? I don't know, but it is noticeably smoother when setting and idling. So, I'm installing valves on the tanks and gonna try and control return fuel this way. I hate when something doesn't work as designed, but I've replaced everything on the return and supply sides. Hoses, splitter valves, fittings, vents. Hoses are exactly the same length, same height when installed. The only other thing I may still do is reinstall OEM pump. But I don't see how that's going to change my problem.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks. - TerryB - 02-22-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.