Upgrading my Prostars headlights
09-09-2016, (Subject: Upgrading my Prostars headlights ) 
RE: Upgrading my Prostars headlights
I also drive in Canada, and have had LED's and H.I.D's. The Speaker LEDs are bright but the pattern is not the best to light up the ditch's. The H.I.D's that were the worst lights I've ever had on a vehicle. (In the end we sold our Volvo because of the headlights). I have tried all the 9005-6 on the market from stock bulbs to SilverStars, and have found the more expensive a bulb is the faster they burn out. This is driving only at night 13hr shifts 21 days on 7 off in Albertas oil patch.

The last bulbs I bought are Hella 55watt / 65watt 9005/9006 dot approved bulbs. They are more of a yellow light like the old style sealed beams and light up the ditches and trees extremely well. These are by far the brightest lights I've ever had and because they in the the OEM lens have a safe pattern. On low beam I can count 10 steamboats (10 secs) to objects I can see in the light, on high beam its 22 steamboats that is a highway speed of 58-60 mph.

I no longer have others flash me when on low beams and anyone that leaves there highs on quickly dim them if I give a fast flash. What was amazing to me was CNR CPR trains can dim there lights, it just takes someone showing them how bright lights can be. LOL. I even had one turn all headlights off on night after a quick flash and then flash there running lights. As if to say I'm sorry.

These are not cheap about the same cost as the Siver Stars but have lasted 3 months so far, I was lucky to get a 21 day shift out of the Silver Stars.
I bought mine at an Auto Value but the are available on Amazon cheaper.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrading my Prostars headlights - 8042 - 09-09-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.