CM570 Reman Issues
10-24-2022, (Subject: CM570 Reman Issues ) 
RE: CM570 Reman Issues
(10-24-2022 )micahtristar Wrote:  I have a Mack CL700 with an ISX 600. It is a 4 axle truck, factory set up for heavy haul. I bought it used in the summer of last year. I use it to move my equipment and occasionally move equipment for friends. It gets driven on average 4 hours a week if that. Typically very few miles, everything we do is local.

Last year the motor dropped a cylinder liner or something catastrophic and became a non rebuildable engine. I ordered a reman from a Pete dealer near me. In an attempt to save money I had my mechanic swap the engines. The reman engine comes fully dressed minus alternator and a few other small things. It comes with a new ECU.

After he got the engines swapped, he got it to start but couldn't get any throttle pedal. We swapped the ECU to the old engine ECU and everything was good to go except the coolant temp gauge did not work. We jumped the wire to the gauge and off we went.

I did not realize at the time that the truck was underpowered and things weren't right. I was only seeing 20PSI for boost pressure. We fixed several boost leaks and capped the waste gate line off. I now see 30-31PSI max boost pressure. The truck still feels underpowered, and after surfing this forum I believe I am still not achieving the correct boost pressure.

After surfing this forum, I am beginning to think that the old ECU was doctored for a possible demandate? I dont have the old engine any more. I ordered insite and the appropriate cables to connect to the engine. My plan is to install the new ECU and attempt to get the dead pedal to go away. Is there anything else I should look out for? Any pointers on getting the dead pedal to go away with insite? I have never used the program before. What boost pressure should I be seeing with this engine?

PS I do not trust any shops in my area, and prefer to do work in house. I realize now that several mistakes were made. Just trying to get my truck back to 100%. Thank you

Pm me your contact info ill help you get her figured out
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM570 Reman Issues - Bengy88 - 10-24-2022
RE: CM570 Reman Issues - Rawze - 10-25-2022,
RE: CM570 Reman Issues - Rawze - 10-27-2022,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.