CM 2250 wiring harness
11-16-2022, (Subject: CM 2250 wiring harness ) 
RE: CM 2250 wiring harness
(11-16-2022 )BigHarvey56 Wrote:  I am in the middle of retrofit. I have removed a CAT 3406E out of my 97 Peterbilt 367 and have installed an ISX 15 ( CM 2250 ) that came out of a 2012 KW T800. I am hoping that someone knows of a stand alone wiring harness that I can just install that is “ plug and play”. Or do I need to build my own? I have the complete donor truck that the ISX came out of and have made sure not to cut any wires but rather just found the plugs and disconnected them.

Thank you

The emissions systems and e-log requirements FOLLOW THE ENGINE YEAR REQUIREMENTS .. NOT THE CHASSIS YEAR .. so essentially you are not skating any laws.. or getting away with anything by putting a 2012 engine into a 1997 truck.. other than creating a serious headache and a truck that is going to be illegal on the road ways unless a whole lot of other things happen to get it up to par.

You should also be aware that all of the emissions systems for that CM2250 engine have also to be installed for the truck + a certification sticker obtained for it, for it to be legal to drive as well. Then to register it as a 'glider'. Otherwise you are making a huge red flag if it is driven with the wrong year/emissions model engine in it. -== ALSO.. it will NOT qualify for paper-only logs any more.. as the rules governing the e-logs stipulate that if the engine is compatible with e-logs (it has J1939 capability) .. then they must be used as well.

Anyone inspects it .. it is game over for that truck in a hurry and some hefty fines for the truck owner.. and possible even more hefty fines for anyone or shop who installed that engine if those emissions + after-treatment systems were not all put on to go with it.

I certainly would not want to own it in that condition, as it is a big gamble of the future of the vehicle. Otherwise, personally, I don't care one way or the other, but you cannot say that you have not been warned about the problems and legal issues that someone creates by doing what you are attempting.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM 2250 wiring harness - Rawze - 11-16-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.