CM870 Black Smoke on high altitude
11-17-2022, (Subject: CM870 Black Smoke on high altitude ) 
CM870 Black Smoke on high altitude
Hi folks, I own a 2005 Intl with CM870 Isx 475 Hp. I bought the truck six years ago and bought it with Egr unplugged and nothing else done regarding Egr and Ecm demandate. I have been reading, learning and practicing on my own spares and decided to give a try with @m*m^2 for cm870 from Zero Crisis. I thought that would make the black smoke-soot problem but apparently not. On my knowledge black smoke could be too rich mix so too much fuel or too little air. Tried air filter, no air filter and still the same. And it only happens on high altitude and when shifting from gear to gear. I am thinking maybe turbo is not that good anymore, or actuator maybe. What would you do for troubleshooting? I would like to start from actuator then turbo obviously because dont want to spend a lot on turbo and then find out it was the actuator or the vgt commander valve. Any tips where or how should I start? I could share the Calterm Document if someone would like to take a look. Thanks in advance.

Edit: both cams were replaced not too long ago and an inframe made about a year ago. I suppose all the harm made by running the truck for years with egr unplugged it is solved now. It had worn rings and a lot of blowby but not anymore.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM870 Black Smoke on high altitude - El_mavi - 11-17-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.