CM870 Black Smoke on high altitude
11-17-2022, (Subject: CM870 Black Smoke on high altitude ) 
RE: CM870 Black Smoke on high altitude
That official document is here: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid53580

and it is not an exact fit for every make and model truck.. the '*_MCF_*' tables have to be adjusted per make/model vehicle.. and some of the logic settings vary from truck to truck... it is a ball-park to get someone close.. but not a perfect glove fit for any one vehicle. -== NO PROGRAM EVER COULD BE because there is just too many variations of trucks.. and engine hardware out there.

get with forum member 'running rough' .. he does a lot of the CM870's on here.. maybe you made some mistakes, perhaps missed some things, or simply need things adjusted for your specific truck.. who knows. -== but it can very much also be simply a mechanical issue as well.

And by the way.. if you shift the truck hard.. a puff of black smoke is inevitable on a deleted engine, simply because of turbo lag between hard shifts. It is a big diesel engine with a large charge air system, meaning there is a lot of lag in the turbo response vs. fuel demand when getting on it suddenly. This especially on an air operated vgt one like the CM870 has. That is how they behave when running efficiently when there is not excess boost running thru it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM870 Black Smoke on high altitude - Rawze - 11-17-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.