2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ??
12-06-2022, (Subject: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ?? ) 
RE: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ??
(12-06-2022 )ahub86 Wrote:  Not sure if it fits in with all your symptoms but could the steam/smoke be DEF? I had a DEF doser go bad and drizzle the DEF into the pipe rather than spray. It “steamed” for sure. I just was noticing that your stack looks similar to a DEF stain.

Not pertaining to your situation but a learning story: My doser was drizzling through and I didn’t know it. I was in a job in the morning and left my key on (engine off) listening to the radio while I waited my turn to unload (pressurizing the DEF system, oops). It pumped like 2 gallons into the system. When I fired that up and took off STEAM was an understatement. I learned that the DEF system is pressurized with the key in the run position and if I want to listen to the radio with the truck off now I turn it back to accessory position. Lol

I didn’t know that and I’m guilty about doing that. Wish I knew how to post video. I could show you the smoke I saw one night when I started the truck . Maybe looks the same. It was only while the turbo was “surging”. I did hear one time a week ago when the key was on I was outside of the truck and there was a high pitched noise coming from the turbo actuator . If it’s possible to post videos let me know and I’ll share!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ?? - BrandonOlsen - 12-06-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.