2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ??
12-10-2022, (Subject: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ?? ) 
RE: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ??
(12-07-2022 )BrandonOlsen Wrote:  I was wrong. They put a reman head on because new wasn’t available. This is what I got for asking on the height for the counter bore “Not sure what thickness of shims but liner protrusion was set to .013 per spec when finished. “

Many times, when a reman head is purchased through Cummins, the reman head will be a new one in the crate. Hopefully they did install a new head, and not just slap your old one back on, many shops do that and charge you for a new head.

If they installed an aftermarket Chinesium head, be ready to install a new one. Hopefully your shop bought through Cummins, because odds are, that reman head was a new one, and hopefully you dodged a bullet.

The way to tell is to look on the back of the head for the serial number, it will be welded into the metal. If you have one of those bore hole inspection cameras, you may be able to snake the lens around to read that serial number to determine new or reman.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BrandonOlsen

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ?? - Waterloo - 12-10-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.