Turbo Upgrade
01-18-2023, (Subject: Turbo Upgrade ) 
RE: Turbo Upgrade
(01-18-2023 )CornHauler Wrote:  Thanks for the info and the help. Yes I have probably been misinformed being in MI you know who the hot topic tuner is {name removed}. I am just trying to learn as I go here and hopefully not make a bunch of mistakes and melt something down. We are rebuilding to the bigger CPL based on a recommendation of a local shop saying if we are going to get hp it would be better for the engine. I am seeing by reading this forum and researching that obviously tuning properly and using oem parts is playing as big a role as anything. Fuel mileage is nice in what we do but it seems like a lot of our loads are 154,000-164,000 and it is just hard to get "good" fuel mileage and still be able to pull decently.

I can tell you right now that you are seriously mis-imformed by a bunch of completely clueless people if you think that you can get any kind of decent custom ecm programming in that area.

Nothing but engine killing garbage is goign to be the result, ... and this is before those clowns even start to add power.

Bad ecm programming and custom tuning is an absolute plague in the trucking industry, and most people find this out the hard way after their engine fails prematurely after having any kind of that type of work done.

They then ultimately end up here, after a bunch of grief, with me reviewing that custom tune program and telling them how many engine killing mistakes are really in there. - It is a daily occurrence it seems around here.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Turbo Upgrade - CornHauler - 01-17-2023,
RE: Turbo Upgrade - Rawze - 01-17-2023,
RE: Turbo Upgrade - CornHauler - 01-18-2023,
RE: Turbo Upgrade - Rawze - 01-18-2023
RE: Turbo Upgrade - Nostalgic - 01-17-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.