ISX12 oil temp issue
01-27-2023, (Subject: ISX12 oil temp issue ) 
RE: ISX12 oil temp issue
Not sure about your case there, but when oil temps are actually too high all the time ...

Higher than normal oil temps are typically a reflection of excess friction inside the engine... and YES, the ecm has control of this by a lot. It can be as much as 30+ horsepower of friction alone.. eating away at the liners, piston skirts, and other parts of the engine.

If the engine is deleted improperly with one of the typical 90% of garbage programs that is seen around here, then the oil temps will run higher than normal.

Most bad delete programs.. (most delete programs overall in fact) do not have any kind of proper engine mode control corrections done to them. The engine will still try to perpetually warm up those cans under the exhaust because all the sensors are blocked off, and .. perpetually make excessive friction + heat, eating the engine, liners, head gasket, valves, etc. and elevated oil temps are sometimes the only clue that this is happening.

I have seen some bad programs that were so bad, where some complete idiot added a bunch of excessive injection timing like a fool, that the oil temps would climb to 245F even just bobtail when going down the road on flat ground. This All while the coolant temps, like you say.. are only 185~ish like they are supposed to be. The truck owner still arguing with you and swearing it runs great... engine is eating its own guts out.

-= If the programming is de-mandated, then e-mail me a copy of what is in the ecm and I will review it for you. This is the first place to look, not the last, after everyone has thrown a bunch of parts and wasted moneys because of endless guessing.

-=====

As far as the gauges.. wiring issues, and also excessive alternator noise,.. or can simply be tarnished fuses in the fuse panel, even though they are good, etc.etc.etc.

you also did not mention what kind of vehicle, make model, etc.. miles, or any history. This helps when discussing issues too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX12 oil temp issue - Rawze - 01-27-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.