1million mile isx15 never been touched - what now?
02-02-2023, (Subject: 1million mile isx15 never been touched - what now? ) 
RE: 1million mile isx15 never been touched - what now?
(02-02-2023 )dccustomfarms Wrote:  Thanks everyone for the information.

The truck is still fully mandated. Nothing has been removed or tuned. I was told the DPF has been replaced once and that's all. Not sure on the high-pressure pump.

Also, the truck has 336 rears behind an 18 speed.

I am leaning towards putting it in my shop and doing the rebuild. I have to get the cummins counter bore tool in order to do the mid stop. Mine is only set up to do the deck on caterpillars. Does anyone have a list of shim options for Cummins? I have the list and part numbers for cat only. What is spec for protrusion on the isx, and does the isx use a spacer plate?

As I start this process, I am sure that I will have many questions. I appreciate everyone's input.

with 336 rears, it is not set up for freight very well unless you hauling nothing but air. You need to start looking into replacing those rears with some thing better. What gear ratio it will need will depend on what you are hauling and how heavy. A set of 3.79's are ideal for 80k freight, 4.11's or deeper if your hauling heavier than this.

as far as specs go, use the cummins hardened brass shims for them 0.020" oem shims are the standard to use on a first inframe. here are the numbers...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid28349

lastly, it being a square-brick that belongs in a museum .. when driven on the highways, driving it above about 63~ish is noting but costing you fuel like a pig. This means that learning to drive it at lower speeds (and higher rpm ranges when pulling) is the key to success with that thing in today's low-margin, high fuel price market.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1million mile isx15 never been touched - what now? - Rawze - 02-02-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.