Prostar to much play in the steering wheel
10-03-2023, (Subject: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel ) 
RE: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel
(10-02-2023 )JMBT Wrote:  If you have a TAS/TRW steering gear of this style shown, the bolt I am pointing to in the picture is one of the ways to take play out of the steering system. You have to remove the drag link from the pitman arm, then loosen the jam nut and take a large flat screwdriver to turn the adjuster bolt. Grab the pitman arm an if it has play back and forth, turn clockwise until it is gone. I have found on reman steering gears this needs to be done after the first few thousand miles..
Some Prostars/Lonestars have this adjustment screw on the frame side... no cutout in the frame for access either :/ best way to adjust I've found is let soak in penetrating oil overnight and use a right angle right angle ratcheting flat screwdriver or locking jaw pliers on the screw part and regular wrench on the jam nut. If the truck has seen lots of salt, might just need to take steering box off to adjust
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prostar to much play in the steering wheel - Fast Hedgehog - 10-03-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.