The Diesel-Doctor strikes again...
03-15-2023, (Subject: The Diesel-Doctor strikes again... ) 
The Diesel-Doctor strikes again...
I can only assume that someone was not lying to me when they said that this 'Diesel Doctor' guy is who made this program.

The message sent to me was ...

Quote:...
We just bought a truck with a
"diesel doctor" tune in it. It was in an efficiency series red engine,
and he apparently turned it up to 550hp. Not long after, it had a
cracked head.

Here is what was seen in the program sent to me...

<> Before even considering any (delete) program modifications, there is an issue with what program has been installed in the engine overall. The engine is supposed to have program EF10054 in it and not EF10064. These 2 programs are NOT compatible with each other.

<> program EF10064 is not compatible with this engine for the following reasons ...

== There are serious SCR and DPF unit incompatibilities in the program. If this program was used prior to the engine being deleted, then This would have resulted in some serious DPF and SCR problems for the vehicle owner all on its own.

However ... deleted or not ...

== The EF10064 program is assuming incompatible intake and exhaust piping flow rates. It is meant for a different vehicle with different intake piping, a different CAC unit, and different exhaust flow. This typically causes slight to moderate efficiency/fuel mileage and other issues over time with the engine.

== The EF10064 program assumes that there is no ‘Intake Air Throttle’ device on the engine, where the original programming does. This means that any installed intake throttle device from the factory will partially shut on its own, choking the engine randomly, when under hard operating loads, unless this device was physically removed from the intake.

== The EF10064 program is assuming an engine with a completely different compression ratio. This typically causes slight to moderate efficiency/fuel mileage and other losses in the engine, and can lead to eventual engine damage (things like cracked head, hole in piston, accelerated valve seat wear, liner failure or excess vibration, etc).

== The EF10064 program assumes a different model turbocharger has been installed. This will over-spool the existing turbocharger and cause a shortened turbocharger lifespan. It will also lead to unstable boost in the engine at times due to improper turbocharger mapping and programming.

<> Conclusion: Ignoring any power/torque differences … These 2 programs are absolutely not compatible with each other at all… either on a factory-stock engine with its emissions in tact ..OR .. on a deleted engine. The incompatibilities are dangerous for the engine and its turbocharger and will shorten the lifespan of BOTH. Also, the program will be less than optimal on fuel efficiency, costing the vehicle owner, perhaps thousands of $$$ per year in unnecessary fuel expenses. Added expenses like this and eventual expensive repairs to the engine are counter-productive to any trucking operation.

-=== I will review the delete program itself in the next reply ==-

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee

Messages In This Thread
The Diesel-Doctor strikes again... - Rawze - 03-15-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.