Exhaust smoke
04-24-2023, (Subject: Exhaust smoke ) 
RE: Exhaust smoke
(04-23-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  You say it only does it when pulling hard? ...

I think you need to read this first...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid42439

It only was doing it while I was pulling up an incline even if it was minor. But if I was flat at full throttle I wouldnt see anything. When I pulled over the truck went into regen mode automatically so it may have been doing a passive regen while I was on the hill. I even noticed some smoke coming out around the dpf cannister when I crawled under which makes me think the dpf is damaged. I took the truck for a test drive today and didnt notice anything even at full throttle so its very weird. I had to stop yesterday because the smell of that smoke was so strong and obnoxious I thought something was on fire. It smelled like regen exhaust but much stronger. Im waiting at a shop right now for them to look at it but Idk if its worth it anymore. What could they even do? open up the cannister to make sure the filter isnt damaged?

I pulled over 10 miles after noticing it smoke really bad so it could have just been a very temporary thing that went away
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Exhaust smoke - Josiah Harder - 04-23-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - Rawze - 04-23-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - Josiah Harder - 04-24-2023
RE: Exhaust smoke - JimT - 05-01-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - Pd6cas2 - 04-24-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - Pd6cas2 - 04-25-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - Rawze - 04-25-2023,
RE: Exhaust smoke - JimT - 05-10-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.