DIY Flywheel housing gasket/clutch/RMS
05-27-2023, (Subject: DIY Flywheel housing gasket/clutch/RMS ) 
RE: DIY Flywheel housing gasket/clutch/RMS
Read through the rear seal installation procedure. 10% soap solution on the outer ribs. You'll need the install tool to do it correctly, along with checking depth of metal portion vs the rubber lip with a dial indicator to ensure it's installed correctly.

Also, make sure to follow the procedure installing your new housing to a T. And double check your runout measurements carefully. Your crank runout in relation to the rear housing is up there in importance to longevity like checking liner protrusion is during a rebuild.

Some advocate using detroit jelly on the housing gasket, but personally I do not. I just rub a little dab of super lube on my finger tips and run them along the rubber part. Just enough to leave a trace, but invisible to the eye. Don't want any on the metal part. I do this so that it is less likely to grab or tear away from the metal part of the gasket any as the housing is torqued down.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz

Messages In This Thread
RE: DIY Flywheel housing gasket/clutch/RMS - Nostalgic - 05-27-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.