871 sludge in oil
05-28-2023, (Subject: 871 sludge in oil ) 
871 sludge in oil
I had a leaking egr cooler just pouring coolant into the cylinders. About two gallons per 500 miles. I changed it out but now there is sludge all in the oil. Analysis revealed these numbers. I put the recommended value in parenthises after the actual value.

Potassium 8571 (3)
Sodium 4509 (7)
Iron. 100. (23)
Copper. 106. (2)
Lead. 29. (5)
Silicon. 34. (6)

Blackstone said potassium and sodium indicate antifreeze and that it would thicken oil.
I took the valve cover off and there is some wear on the rollers but not catastrophic. However there was terribly thick sludge on top of the rockers, coating the valve cover, in the oil drain plug, in the breather filter, seems like it accumulates in places the oil isn’t always circulating. This is after changing the oil, which I did right after raplacing egr cooler.

I think the oil pan must be coated with that sludge, and it’s probably in the oil lines and/or sensors. I want to get it out of there.
Should I flush the engine? What to use? Liquimoly? What’s the procedure?
Need I remove the oil pan?
I’ve seen diesel fuel in the crankcase recommended, and also condemned as madness.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
871 sludge in oil - Downthehaul - 05-28-2023
RE: 871 sludge in oil - Rawze - 05-29-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.