Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx
06-06-2023, (Subject: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx ) 
RE: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx
Running a 2013 CM2350 -

I've actually seen some metal (almost like a fine sand collected at the bottom) in my Davco F/W separator as well. Doesn't ever appear to make it to the filter, just settles to the bottom. The amount is very little and relatively the same whenever I change the filter. Been seeing it for the last few hundred thousand miles. Replaced the fuel pump internals and head within the last couple years as preventative maintenance and a repair (head). Nothing ever seemed damaged and the metal pieces continued to occur.

Inside my tanks look ok, but this looks more like fine wear from within something rubbing lightly on a metal housing, not flakes. I get fuel 95% of the time from the same place (T/A) so possibly it's from there pumps? The damn place def needs an overhaul.

Hadn't tried getting fuel elsewhere continuously to see if that changes the outcome.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metal pieces in davco fuel water seperator 2013 cummins isx - SquareOne - 06-06-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.