code 3251.0
06-09-2023, (Subject: code 3251.0 ) 
RE: code 3251.0
that actually looks fairly decent. Nice fine soot and no signs of coolant or oil intrusiuon there.

Without a pic of the face of the DOC though.. one cannot be sure. Does the inlet of the DOC look as nice?...

If you removed the DPF to get cleaned .. then you also, always need to do the DOC element too. It clogs up and gets face plugged just as much.

BOTH have to be cleaned... and that pic shows that they are due... especially that DOC element.

Also, I think most people have this false assumption that if they do a 'forced regen' or 'parked regen' that the regen system will clean the DPF out effectively .. but this is absolutely NOT the case.

The regen system on the vehicle is only about 5-10% effective in cleaning those elements .. even if you were to perform it several times. Once the system starts complaining that it wants a parked regen .. its time to pull the (DOC and DPF both) cans off and have them baked, de-ashed, and then flow tested on proper machinery. Otherwise simply doing those parked regens on the truck is nothing but a short term band-aide that will only get you a few weeks at best before it complains all over again... eventually putting you on the side of the road.

Pulling the cans every couple years and having them fully baked, combined with thorough, yearly EGR tune-up work so that the engine does not produce the soot to begin with.. and you can bring one back to its "new-like' state where it will not act up for a couple years again... unless there is something wrong with the engine. Engine problems like allowing oil or coolant to get into the exhaust, bad or leaky injectors and other things that might cause higher than normal soot levels, etc. needs to be prevented.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

Messages In This Thread
code 3251.0 - davidjrawls - 06-07-2023,
RE: code 3251.0 - Rawze - 06-07-2023,
RE: code 3251.0 - davidjrawls - 06-07-2023,
RE: code 3251.0 - Bengy88 - 06-07-2023,
RE: code 3251.0 - davidjrawls - 06-08-2023,
RE: code 3251.0 - Bengy88 - 06-08-2023,
RE: code 3251.0 - davidjrawls - 06-09-2023,
RE: code 3251.0 - Rawze - 06-09-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.