ISX CM871
06-10-2023, (Subject: ISX CM871 ) 
RE: ISX CM871 55,000 mile total rebuild. Multiple turbos, EGR valves
(06-10-2023 )Dieselboy Wrote:  
(06-10-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  You are wasting all of your time and moneys by letting the OEM stealers$its work on it,..

Thanks for the response rawze. What I was told was cylinder 3 was losing 80% compression and cylinder 4 was losing 60%. I’m not sure on the testing method. The head passed a coolest leak test according to them. It’ll probably be a miracle if this extended service contract pays out on this. I had to bring it to a Cummins certified shop for any claims process though, which is why I did so. Hard to know the right thing to do in these situations if you haven’t gone through them before.

Rawze is 100% correct about the dealerships, I was a dealership mechanic. The only thing that set me apart is I wouldn’t settle with the bullshit they taught. I wanted to know all of the why’s.

Also I’m not a Cummins certified shop and I’ve Never found an aftermarket warranty that wouldn’t pay. Sometimes you just gotta prove smarter than they are.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
ISX CM871 - Dieselboy - 06-10-2023,
RE: ISX CM871 55,000 mile total rebuild. Multiple turbos, EGR valves - Bengy88 - 06-10-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.