Oil sample not looking good.
08-13-2023, (Subject: Oil sample not looking good. ) 
RE: Oil sample not looking good.
man, $960 for an overhead adjustment? That's what, about a hour job, maybe 2? barely even need tools to do it too.

also, at least some of those prices are ridiculous. LF14000NN for $68? I usually get a package of 2 off amazon for $70 with free shipping (looks like current price is up to $80 for 2 now). I'd say the oil price sounds reasonable for about 14 gallons, but it's quoted using 10w30 instead of 10w40.

What's stopping you from doing the overhead yourself and even dropping the pan to inspect the bottom end yourself? While doing the bottom end isn't hard either, I can understand letting someone else do the replacement, especially with all the time you have to spend on your back under the oily block. I did my entire inframe, including rods and mains, in Rawze's driveway 3 years ago this month with no prior major engine training or experience. Between the information freely available on Cummins Quickserv, this forum and a handful of youtube videos (to help me visualize the procedures) it was pretty straight forward. Rawze helped with some knowledge and wisdom and a few times when multiple hands or specialty work (such as cutting the ledges) were required, but he made it clear from the beginning that it was my project, not his.

Anyway, not saying you NEED to do it yourself, just curious as to why that isn't an option?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil sample not looking good. - JimT - 08-13-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.