Cm2250 oil pans in 2023
08-05-2023, (Subject: Cm2250 oil pans in 2023 ) 
RE: Cm2250 oil pans in 2023
Got the PAI pan a couple days ago and just opened the box today, definitely needs a new paint job, very small rust spots around all the welds. Mating surface is smooth on one have and a little wavy on the other half. I don't think its bad enough to cause a leak, but definitely noticeable. Ended up ordering it from that link to Woodline. Got the one that came with the gasket, figured it wouldn't hurt to have an extra one just in case. Shipping was just under $200 which brought the final price to about $650 all in - by far the least expensive option I'd seen. I have a Fumoto valve I installed late last year, probably install that in the same side location as I don't like it sticking down that far from the bottom drain hole. I'm at about 16,500 miles on this oil right now with a 7.7mpg average. Don't want to push out the oil change another week so I'm gonna leave the current pan on another month and take my time to paint up the new pan. The weeping has been going on for a few months and hasn't gotten significantly worse so I don't think it's gonna let go in the next few weeks. Last oil change I gave it a nice coat of coraseal and today I gave the area a good coating of clear flex seal (spray), just to help slow the decay a bit more.

Question: where did the dipstick wear into the pan? Want to inspect that area on mine just in case.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cm2250 oil pans in 2023 - JimT - 07-29-2023,
RE: Cm2250 oil pans in 2023 - JimT - 08-05-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.