2006 379 Pete w/cm870 ISX.
09-23-2023, (Subject: 2006 379 Pete w/cm870 ISX. ) 
RE: 2006 379 Pete w/cm870 ISX.
(09-20-2023 )Emeryville64 Wrote:  I have a 2006 & 2007 379 Peterbilts with 870's. I have looked at both trucks,(the engine is out of the 06) and I can not find this Temp sensor on them. I have looked at both trucks with Paccar E-CAT and cannot find a Ambient Temp sensor other than the one in the mirror. In the Cummins Servive manual I can find the sensor in the wiring diagram going to Pin 19, but that is all the information I can find. when I get a chance I will hook my computer to the 07 and see what i can find that way. sorry this is of really no help, but im curious myself. I've looked all over the 06 and can't find anything on the frame. I took the engine out myself and don't remember seeing or unplugging that sensor.

Thank you for looking , my readout for ambient air temp is now —- where before even erratic I had signal. This is the same for me as well. You can see it in the sensors list on the diognostics laptop and see it in the PID list but can’t find its source.

Perhaps the source is the sensor in the mirror and it feeds the ecm in the wire system someplace.

Since I don’t have sensor signal I can’t unplug it to find out. I’m certain I read somewhere there was one “triangle shaped” in the wire bundle in the frame near the front. It definitely reads temp in the ecm but where is its source.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2006 379 Pete w/cm870 ISX. - Peashooter67 - 09-23-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.