Exhaust manifold gasket leaky
10-31-2023, (Subject: Exhaust manifold gasket leaky ) 
RE: Exhaust manifold gasket leaky
So. Looks like I put it back together properly. The hissing is elsewhere, upon closer inspection. There's ANOTHER leak, in the small section of hose that leads into the EGR valve. Seems that the smaller fuel hose leading down to the DPF doser, the hard metal part just before the flexible metal part, has been rubbing that EGR-linked hose and caused a tiny rip. "Plain hose" as labeled by Cummins.

This could have been the issue the whole time for all I know. Ah, well. If so, at least the manifold is updated and good for a little while. I hope.

Not only that: The turbo is leaking coolant on the block side. O-ring. I was very careful handling the turbo with removal and reinstallation but could be I dislodged something. So, gonna drain the coolant once more to replace the two connections back there. I think only one is leaking but why not refit both?

User's Signature: If there's anything I like better than honey and ketchup, it's baloney and whipped cream, and we haven't got any.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust manifold gasket leaky - Punchy - 10-31-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.