CM876 Advise
10-27-2023, (Subject: CM876 Advise ) 
RE: CM876 Advise
(10-25-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  ....I actually had a cm870 ism brick last week and with insite, calterm, and kess using a rom boot harness on all 3, a nexiq2, nexiq3, in-line 6, and Ktag have not been able to recover it. All because it failed flash halfway through because of the shitty communication.

Just a warning trying to help

this may help..
Rawze Wrote:Assuming that you do not have a flaky/bad ecm for the moment, and that it simply will not communicate at all... Then you will have to remove it from the vehicle and hook it up to an official rom-boot harness, and use the button that comes with the harness to force it into rom-boot mode.

According to the cummins paperwork that came with my official harness ... You hold said button in BEFORE YOU POWER UP THE ECM.. and then power up the ecm, holding the button about 5-7 seconds longer while ecm initially powers up, then release the button and it will be in rom-boot mode.

If you simply power up the ecm first, without holding the button in before powering it up, then it will not have any effect.

- If it will not forcibly rom-boot using the proper methods, then it is simply the ecm going bad. The ROM 'Read-Only Memory' boot code itself cannot be edited once it is flashed, and is permanent... not part of any engine program that gets installed or edited.
mentioned in this post: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid77423

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM876 Advise - Bengy88 - 10-25-2023,
RE: CM876 Advise - Bengy88 - 10-25-2023,
RE: CM876 Advise - Rawze - 10-27-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.