Hello everyone I NEED SOME HELP.
11-02-2023, (Subject: Hello everyone I NEED SOME HELP. ) 
RE: Hello everyone I NEED SOME HELP.
At the end of the injector feed rail "the end of it closest to the front of the truck" there is a overpressure safety valve that tends to go bad the way you can check this is pull the banjo bolt out and run the injector leak test and when it's at full pressure see if fuel is coming out of the valve sometimes you will get fuel coming up from the banjo fitting so you might want to have a bucket or a pig mat underneath that area in case it does.

I've had to replace two of them in about 3 years and just a little dribble coming out of it can cause a fuel pressure drop under full load.

If this is bad I would recommend loosening and draining the fuel pressure off of the rail through one of the injector feed lines versus just taking the over pressure valve off this will bleed any high pressure out of the system.

Take caution while doing this test as the rail is around 30,000 PSI if that type of pressure comes out of that over pressure valve it can inject you with diesel and kill you so beware your surroundings anytime working on a high pressure fuel system that is open or leaking the same goes if you pull the injector feed lines.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello everyone I NEED SOME HELP. - Lonestar10 - 11-02-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.