Paccar mx13 epa13 coolant in fuel!!!
11-16-2023, (Subject: Paccar mx13 epa13 coolant in fuel!!! ) 
RE: Paccar mx13 epa13 coolant in fuel!!!
(11-16-2023 )Nerv Wrote:  Nerv:
Ok that makes more sense, you are saying that doing the cups in any situation doesn’t produce adequate results? I was thinking you were just talking about my issue, so in regards to replacement of the cylinder head, is it worth doing on this engine? What are some of the things i should get checked before replacing that would maybe not make it worth while?

This was my reply until i just realized you muted me. Not sure why when im trying to figure things out…

In all reality, I really don't care that much about what you try.. I just don't want low trust factor repairs to be argued in favor of on the forurm vs. doing the right things that makes the most sense.

Coolant is NOT something however that you want to flood a cylinder with if the repair lets go. This especially at speed, where it can do a whole lot of irreparable, severe, and sudden damage. Coolant does not compress and does things like breaks the crank, bends connecting rods, and sends pistons thru the block kind of damage with little to no warning if the cup were to suddenly let go, and not just seep again. Just what I would consider any ways.

Add to this, that on most engines that I have seen this type of repair done, injector cups replacements is a 50/50 shot if they work/seal .. and even less odds if it holds for any real length of time. I think Colter's post above was pointing this out as well. - and at 800k miles, sounds to me like that same moneys can be spent towards a proper inframe + new head at this point instead of risking it on an already worn out head.

If it were low miles and barely out of warranty, rest of engine was in great shape, the head did NOT have to come off it, then the 50/50 shot?.. maybe, its a shot in the dark, maybe someone gets lucky, but only to try once,, and only if the head does not need to be removed to try it. Still it is risky tho.

.. but even then, it would still be inframe city if the head did have to come off it.

If head comes off it = inframe it, especially at that mileage. The rule of thumb is anything past about 435k miles = a full inframe + brand new head is needed if head comes off, else in 3-4 years (usually less), all that moneys & effort is completely wasted.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paccar mx13 epa13 coolant in fuel!!! - Rawze - 11-16-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.