Pete 587 isx15 acceleration issue
12-18-2023, (Subject: Pete 587 isx15 acceleration issue ) 
RE: Pete 587 isx15 acceleration issue
(12-18-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Anyone who owns one of these engines should have a laptop with the insite program on it and an inline adapter.These tools are readily available for about $300 online.

If you had insite you could monitor throttle position and see if there is a discrepancy that points towards a bad throttle position sensor. You could also look at engine state monitor to see what's controlling the throttle when this happens.

There are countless other things you can do with insite to help diagnose and maintain a cummins engine. Without out it we just sit here guessing and wasting time/money.

You could connect with insite and then go about your day as normal and then when it acts up you can take a look at the data your monitoring.

Has the check engine light come on at all lately?

I didint know it was only 300, im going to look into getting it. I bought a code reader for 500 3 months ago.
No, no check engine light has come on. It just bucks really hard when i put it in gear foward or reverse, but if I move past 4th gear itll stop doing it, but until that happens any light touch to the accelerator will make it buck until its moving. When it doesnt buck if you lightly press the accelerator it doesnt even move until you push it down about an inch n a half. I had a guy tell me the bucking could be the brake pedal too.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete 587 isx15 acceleration issue - Alexp86 - 12-18-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.