Air Dog or FASS
09-25-2016, (Subject: Air Dog or FASS ) 
RE: Air Dog or FASS
I have it on my truck. Gearhead has seen it. When I had my N14 it helped but the thing I really liked about it outside of what Gearhead posted is the fact it helps diagnose fuel system problems. If you have a system problem you can bet its not after the Air Dog because it will take the air out of the fuel and push the fuel to the pump as opposed to the pump sucking the fuel. If there is a leak after the Air Dog you will see since it kicks on with the ignition switch.

My N14 had an issue with the fuel pump. I didnt know it until one day I forgot to turn the ignition off. I had the engine set for a 3 min shutdown for cooling the turbo. The engine shut off and the Air Dog kept running. I noticed some fuel on the ground below my fuel pump. Later that day I did the same thing but no fuel. Next day I did it again and fuel on the ground. Took the fuel pump in and sure enough it was sucking air through a crack in the housing. Somehow the shaft in the pump had to be indexed just right and fuel had to be pushing the pump for there to be a leak...

Its also been said the filtration is really good on these. For an N14 that is a must since the injectors are the achilles heel on these things. I figure it will keep my ISX injectors happy.
You also have to remember the lift pump on the ISX only works until the engine is running. The Air Dog keeps pushing fuel to the pump keeping it happy. Rawze flamed me for having one saying if you have an air leak in your fuel system....fix it. I have big fuel tanks on my truck and when get into stop and go traffic with half or less in the tank the fuel sloshes around enough to get airated. Diesel is oil and will not give up that air as fast as water does so you know its getting to the fuel pump. Air Dog keeps that air out of the fuel before it hits the pump.

As far as fuel mileage is concerned I really couldnt tell you. It will not go down and I'm sure it will go up. That being said even if it didnt go up its still a good idea because of what it has to offer outside of fuel mileage.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Air Dog or FASS - 386lover - 09-25-2016,
RE: Air Dog or FASS - gearhead - 09-25-2016,
RE: Air Dog or FASS - Unilevers - 09-25-2016,
RE: Air Dog or FASS - in2trux - 09-27-2016,
RE: Air Dog or FASS - preacherboy24 - 09-25-2016
RE: Air Dog or FASS - Brock - 09-26-2016,
RE: Air Dog or FASS - Rawze - 09-27-2016,
RE: Air Dog or FASS - kryten - 09-27-2016,
RE: Air Dog or FASS - Pd6cas2 - 09-29-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.