2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance
02-27-2024, (Subject: 2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance ) 
2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance
Good evening. About a week and a half ago I noticed my truck start to smoke excessively it has been demandated for a year. And engine has 150k on inframe. November of 22 a couple weeks after my inframe I had issues with my after treatment system so I paid some random guy to fix that. Well that melted the solenoids on all 6 of my brand new injectors. I got a set of used injectors out of another motor to get me going again that had roughly 450k miles on them. We put a new program on and we were good. Fast forward to a week and a half ago my truck started to smoke a lot at all throttle positions and clatter under acceleration kind of like a fuel knock. So last week I replaced the injectors with some OEM reman injectors figuring if I had a fuel issue it’d be the oldest part that’s failing. January of 23 when we fixed the program I also replaced the fuel pump.

I just did a leak down test and it lost 250psi in 60 seconds so I’m not leaking fuel anywhere. My next best guess is the air side of things. Turbo spools and according to my road relay pushes 35-38lbs boost. I’m thinking either the vanes are broke or I have a leak in a charge pipe or intercooler. What are your thoughts? This truck is slowly killing me and I’m out of money trying to keep it on the road. Please help.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2350 excessive smoke poor mileage and poor performance - 8pitcher - 02-27-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.