DPF fuel consumtion
03-15-2024, (Subject: DPF fuel consumtion ) 
DPF fuel consumtion
I have been trying to research and determine if there is some avg or correlation I can find between the amount of DEF fluid to Diesel fuel used during Diesel Particulate Filter regeneration. I understand that there are numerous variables involved such as driving conditions, driving habits, active vs passive regen........ I have read a lot of Cummins literature and talked to Cummins people on the phone. Most of what you find relates to the Amount of DEF used during regeneration but I cant seem to find much to rely on regarding diesel fuel used. I did get a Cummins rep back in 2018 to give me the following info:

4 to 5 gallons DEF** used per 100 gals of diesel in the tractor for 2013 and new semis.

** you can expect to burn about 10% of this number for fuel burn.

So in other words, if you know your gallons of DEF used, you should be able to take 10% of that number to arrive at an estimate of the diesel fuel used for regen.

Any input, thoughts, references or documentation that will either support this or shed some light on this is appreciated
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DPF fuel consumtion - Boehmer - 03-15-2024
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-16-2024,
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-24-2024,
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-24-2024,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.