DPF fuel consumtion
03-15-2024, (Subject: DPF fuel consumtion ) 
RE: DPF fuel consumtion
The engine control module for in the engine records where all the fuel and DEf fluid is going, right along with the mileage and engine hours.

Things like ...

- Total Lifetime DEF-to-Fuel Ratio. - A percentage of DEF fluid vs., fuel consumed over the lifetime of the engine.

- Total Lifetime Fuel consumed. - The total amount of fuel consumed by the engine and its aftertreatment systems combined.

- Total Doser fuel used. - the total fuel that has been consumed by the Aftertreatment system over the lifetime of the engine.

- Total HC used. - The total fuel DEF fluid that has been consumed by the Aftertreatment system over the lifetime of the engine.

- Total Idle fuel consumed. - The total fuel consumed whole idling stationary for the engine.

- PTO Total Fuel used. - the total fuel consumed for any PTO operations for the engine over its lifetime.

- and of course,.. total engine hours.. total miles, and other things, etc., etc.

===========

To get an average of what trucks generally do ... it would also have to focus on what type of trucking operations as well.

Someone would have to collect this data across many trucks within a single sector and compare them.

What I mean is that all the data would depend heavily on what type of trucking operations. A highway truck is clearly not going to idle nearly as much as a city truck. And many trucks have PTO operations ... which would show very different consumption rates., etc.

A car hauler truck is NOT the same as a local cement mixer, or garbage, or highway truck. Their use of fuel, DEF, and everything else are all going to be VERY different from each other.

There is no 'x%' of DEF vs fuel standard, because trucking operations vary so widely. .. and any person that would tell you such ballpark numbers are nothing but regurgitating what a typical salesman would say at the local stelaers%it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DPF fuel consumtion - Boehmer - 03-15-2024,
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - Rawze - 03-15-2024
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-16-2024,
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-24-2024,
RE: DPF fuel consumtion - JimT - 03-24-2024,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.