Doing cams and front structure
10-04-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
RE: Doing cams and front structure
(10-04-2016 )Brock Wrote:  For having 1.6 million km, the bottom looks great. Mains are solid and rods aren't showing near the wear I'd expect, even the cam bearings are better than expected considering this things bearings are all original!

Absolutely no sign of coolant down the cylinders.

Only thing that I see... liners are at the end of their life. looking pretty polished up.

I'm suprised at the shape of this thing considering the mandate was just removed. This truck dI'd a lot of idling at 650 with a 5w30 oil this winter. 3 hours minimum a day so I'm wondering if that may have been where my cam damage came from......

Actually, cam damage occur's when the tiny oil galley in the rocker arm shaft, become plugged with soot.
Don't feel bad , my camshaft, and rocker arm roller bearing, looked just like your's

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doing cams and front structure - Pigpen 2868 - 10-03-2016,
RE: Doing cams and front structure - hhow55 - 10-04-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.