Doing cams and front structure
10-16-2016, (Subject: Doing cams and front structure ) 
RE: Doing cams and front structure
(10-16-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-15-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Well I'll be damned.... I've never seen this before! I didn't think it was possible with the weight I haul and the idle time I have but here it is, a few thousand km and still looks pretty good!

Still need to get my amsoil filter on, ran out of time. Now let's see if I can keep the oil clean???

It still looks a tiny bit dark-ish (still a bit of soot in it), but you are finally on the right road towards getting that engine to run good. Now it is just a matter of fine tuning and doing oil changes at proper intervals.

It is likely the extra idle time that is getting it. Bump your turbo up to about 35% in your idle region only (50 mg/stroke and less) if you have to idle a lot, or use a lot of PTO. See if that helps it a bit next go around. I would not go much higher than that though.

Rawz's recommended oil change intervals...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

I'm guessing it's more or less residuals left that have it that dark, I think my next oil change will clear it out.

Give it boost at idle you say? lol damn. That's what I did when my turbo was pushing oil but once I fixed the turbo, I turned my idle boost back down.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doing cams and front structure - Pigpen 2868 - 10-03-2016,
RE: Doing cams and front structure - Brock - 10-16-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.