High EGT, No Boost and a major boost leak!! PLEASE HELP.
10-07-2016, (Subject: High EGT, No Boost and a major boost leak!! PLEASE HELP. ) 
RE: High EGT, No Boost and a major boost leak!! PLEASE HELP.
(10-07-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  I would be willing to bet that sound and boost loss is caused by a collapsing intercooler line .
That dura lite will restrict airflow because, believe it or not, the volume of airflow is less because it's thickness and durability.
Maybe someone else can explain it better but that's what's happening.

The only inter-cooler line is the one close to the turbo on the bottom and it actually swells up just a tiny bit when I rev the engine to 2000 rpm. It doesn't collapse. Keep in mind that the dura-lite CAC has nothing to do with it because all this started happening on the old CAC before the new CAC was installed. Please remember that I have pressure tested the system to 45 psi after the new CAC install and no leaks were detected. I truly suspect the turbo, EGR, or connections from egr to intake.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: High EGT, No Boost and a major boost leak!! PLEASE HELP. - VNL670 - 10-07-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.