AC SOS
07-09-2024, (Subject: AC SOS ) 
RE: AC SOS
(07-09-2024 )Andre_The_Giant Wrote:  Did you try a new Temp probe in the evaporator? If it’s reading wrong it could be the problem. The hotter the ambient temp is the better and AC system should work, if the evap is freezing or if computer thinks it’s freezing it will shut the compressor off

Yes new probe and a new evaporator
replyreply
(07-09-2024 )Andre_The_Giant Wrote:  Maybe the new high pressure switch is no good? Next time it shuts down on you jump the switch and see if it kicks on

New switch and a new connector. Compressor stays running and ac fan stays running all the time. Eventually it shuts off because it can’t bring the high pressure down. New condenser and radiator has been washed.
replyreply
Check if you have a short to high in your compressor wiring harness. The clutch should be start/stopping as needed, same with fan. If it's running all the time it will eventually stop working.
replyreply
07-10-2024, (Subject: AC SOS ) 
(07-09-2024 )marek4792 Wrote:  Check if you have a short to high in your compressor wiring harness. The clutch should be start/stopping as needed, same with fan. If it's running all the time it will eventually stop working.

Thanks will do that tomm.
I’m just not getting why it only does this BS once it’s hot outside. Im just not getting why it’s only doing when temperatures above 90. Once the temperature drops it’s working how it should. I did replace ambient sensor still no luck. Also replaced relays . Unless there’s a relay that I’m not aware of. I have also tried new bcm no luck.
Can the system be overcharged or undercharged? That’s the only thing I can think of at this point. Mechanic did use machine to vacuum system and recharged.
replyreply
Does the pipe at the expansion valve (easy to get to and check for) getting nice and cold when the compressor is running?. - could simply be that its getting cold, but the blend doors are hanging up and not forcing cold air thru the evap core properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I would take it to another mechanic, odds are he doesn’t know what he is doing and just part swapping/ guessing. I normally have AC systems fixed within a few hours when they are in front of me and I don’t even do it for a living o

User's Signature: I may be cross eyed, but i don’t cross thread
replyreply
(07-10-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  Does the pipe at the expansion valve (easy to get to and check for) getting nice and cold when the compressor is running?. - could simply be that its getting cold, but the blend doors are hanging up and not forcing cold air thru the evap core properly.

Everything works as it should and the pipe is cold. I did replace blend doors .if the blend door faults out would that make compressor run continuously only in the hot temp or it would run all the time?
replyreply
What are your pressures off and on?
replyreply
(07-10-2024 )walterk Wrote:  What are your pressures off and on?

Stays at 35 low and 275 with fan and compressor constantly running . Until it cools off outside the it start running normal 40/50 and I believe fan kicks on at 300 comes down with fan and compressor cycling .
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.