Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?...
08-09-2024, (Subject: Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?... ) 
RE: Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?...
(08-09-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  ...and no ... OOG is always more efficient than in being gear and off the throttle down a hill. The engine always consumes more energy slowing down the truck, than it does consuming the 18-20 mg/stroke idling when in neutral.

So when off throttle (no EB), IG coasting down a hill, is that 18-20mg/stroke still being introduced or does the ECM hold back the fuel in order to get the rpms down since there is no throttle input and minimal engine load?

(08-09-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  Its just matter of getting good at when to OOG ... and when not to go OOG for the benefits.

I've always OOG coasted as much as I can (up until this recent test), granted I pull on flat ground and the only time I see a good descent would be a size-able overpass, tunnel or bridge. Typically only utilizing OOG when loaded.

Just weird that the only thing I've changed in the OOG vs IG coasting. I mean, it's a great problem to have lol, just would like to know what's assisting the MPG.
replyreply
08-09-2024, (Subject: Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?... ) 
RE: Are you a Big-Rig Hypermiler ?...
(08-09-2024 )Mal4shtf Wrote:  ... Year and power plant type slash transmission?...

- 2013 Freightliner Cascadia CM2350 / 10speed manual / 3.55's / low-pro rubber

- 2018 International LT625 X15 / 10 speed manual / 3.55's / low-pro rubber
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.