heater core
02-01-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
heater core
I am replacing my heater core again. I just had a shop do this last month, and it is leaking again. I'm ready to install new one, and need some info on which hose goes where.
thanks
replyreply
RE: heater core
does anyone have this valve? Can I remove it with cause any problems?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
That is an optional shutoff valve for the heater core someone has instealled (a person or the dealership?). If it works ok then I would leave it in the circuit because it will make the A/C run cooler in the summer with the heater core switched off. Other than that, you probably could remove it if you wanted to. my own truck does not even have that valve.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Maybe there's something making your heater cores fail?
replyreply
02-02-2018, (Subject: heater core ) 
(02-01-2018 )Bahdan Wrote:  Maybe there's something making your heater cores fail?

Yes ! It’s wrong ! The valve is mounted in the core outlet side . It has to be on the inlet side .
Food for thought and common sense.
replyreply
Could also be a bad cab ground(s) causing the core to have to absorb ground current. Have seen that a couple times on dodge pickups. They are paticularly prone to that. One my bro did also have more than one failure and could only be fixed by installing a ground wire directly on the core. Not sure if that'll be your issue but might be worth looking at.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT
thanks for responses. I am going to remove it, i don't think it is working anyway. I have no heat when the truck is going down the road, and at the end of summer last year the A/C stopped blowing cold air. Maybe i'll just install a manual shut off valve instead. Wiseman is right, it is not installed on the supply side of the heater core.
replyreply
can some post a pic of what their hoses look like going to heater core? Also it really shouldn't matter which hose I hook to up to the heater core itself? Is there a way I can see how much pressure my coolant system is generating when I'm going down the road?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Doublecoin
Hose coming from head goes to inlet side . Inside heater core box there should be electric or manual/cable (depends on what controls you have)valve on inlet side . On others is on the firewall. Either case there should be valve on .
Pressure is different around the jacket . The closer to pump outlet the higher , and vise-versa .
It easy can get well above 60 psi . The higher the rpms the higher the pressure. Don’t confuse this pressure with the system pressure at expansion tank!
This is only basic explanation. There’s more science to it and isn’t simple as it sounds.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Doublecoin

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.