Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits
07-02-2016, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits
http://www.cumminsbridgeway.com/pdf/coupons.pdf

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
07-02-2016, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
RE: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits
hhow55 , thanks for posting this on the new compressor.
Let's leave this "up to 2%" fuel economy aside for a minute, and talk about why is approved only for line haul engines up to 450HP . Something doesn't add up!?!?
Any ideas anyone ?
replyreply
07-03-2016, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
(07-02-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  hhow55 , thanks for posting this on the new compressor.
Let's leave this "up to 2%" fuel economy aside for a minute, and talk about why is approved only for line haul engines up to 450HP . Something doesn't add up!?!?
Any ideas anyone ?

It does not look like a significantly different, more efficient design. Their claims are completely false for the 2% bullsh$T!>

Next is the fact that the air compressor does not take enough away from charge flow (boost) in the engine when looking at the big picture. One would think it does, given it is plumed into the same boost circuit, but the fact is that that same pressure being fed into the compressor is that many less PSI the compressor has to produce to get to its final pressure. The energy and stress required to make 120PSI comes out about the same in the end because it is only the DIFFERENCE in pressure it has to produce to get there. I tested this once on my own compressor,.. I ran it for a couple days with the compressor disconnected and the intake line blocked off, and there was no difference in fuel economy.

Lastly, if anyone wants to retrofit their existing compressor to run naturally aspirated, simply block off the pipe at the intake manifold, and re-plumb the intake line of the compressor to the big pipe that feeds the turbo (just past the main air filter) by drilling a hole in the pipe and installing an adequate size fitting, making damn sure there are no leaks. In the end, you will come to the same conclusions I did,... It makes no measurable difference.

============

Cummins Inc., in one of their announcements a while back, when the CM2350 was first coming out -- They stated that the addition of SCR to their CM2350 engines has up to a 2% gain in engine efficiency over the 2010 CM871 (because of less EGR). the statement also included the addition of updated components like a Naturally aspirated Air compressor design (as an improvement attempt) in their boast of 2% SCR gains over the older model straight EGR engine. It was the introduction SCR that they made the claim for, not the compressor specifically. As well, the comparison was comparing TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MODEL ENGINES!

Also, It was the baseline (Engine software modeling theoretical only) that was compared,.. NOT the actual working fuel economy.

Well,.. we all know where that went,.... CM2350's ARE NOT more fuel efficient than a CM871 out on the roads... If anything, they are slightly LESS fuel efficient (from factory stock) according to most drivers that own both.

-->

I absolutely hate it when companies make such bullsh$t false statements like that! -- Remember -- THIS STATEMENT DID NOT COME FROM CUMMINS INC.!!! --- BUT FROM A STINKING FRANCHISED REPAIR SHOP/DISTRIBUTOR!!! That i have seen bullarky like that from in the past from these same people.

THEY ARE MERELY PIGGYBACKING ALL THE CUMMINS LOGOS ETC. TO PROMOTE THEIR OWN BULLSH^T SHOP!!!

============

I would have deleted this entire thread, as it is nothing but advertising for them, except for the fact that people need to be aware that these distributors abuse heavily, the manufacturers names and discounts, and elaborate information to suit their needs. -- to me, All i see this as, is an attempt to drum up buisness to sell some easily retrofit compressors to make a quick buck off of innocent, unsuspecting drivers who are desperate for more fuel economy.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-03-2016, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
Thanks Rawze!
Now I'm sure I'm not alone ! Besides you put it way better then I would do .
The authority of your word always have great impact in our community!
Good thing you didn't delete this post , because people need to know the truth!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
02-10-2018, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
old thread but fuel efficiency aside, looked at the compressor intake line and do not like the soot. thinking it would be good just to avoid wear on the compressor.
looked this up on quickserve but the link was dead (manuals>installation instructions)

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
02-10-2018, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
@m*m^2, then the compressor and the engine are getting clean soot free air! I wonder about people worrying that the compressor is sucking in soot laden air but not worried about the engine??
No, the soot it is not good for either system, so fix the problem!! @m*m^2

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link , kozakvod
02-11-2018, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
Also look up the fix for it. There is an extension elbow that moves the intake point further up stream away fom the egr mixer junction.
replyreply
02-11-2018, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
(02-11-2018 )pearce trucking Wrote:  Also look up the fix for it. There is an extension elbow that moves the intake point further up stream away fom the egr mixer junction.
Would be interested in that. My year deadends at the manifold.
Not everyone can demandate.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
02-12-2018, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Retrofit Kits ) 
DosGatos,
Talk to your local cummins supplier. The retrofit doesn't show up on quickserve for my motor. However it will fit if you have a cm871. Just tell the parts guy what you're looking for. He should be able to find it. Basically it extends the compressor intake line in to the main engine intake about 4" in a 90 elbow. The fittings will attach to your current intake manifold. Simple install if you have a big crescent wrench. I believe the compressor intake is 1 and 5/16 but don't quote me. The big adjustable crescent wrench is the way to go if you don't have standard open end wrenches that large.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos , LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.