2350 fuel pump
05-11-2018, (Subject: 2350 fuel pump ) 
2350 fuel pump
i have 284k on my motor when should i have the fuel pump rebuite and any good place i can take it to.any clue how long in a ball park on price it might be to get down.i live n maryland but run all over the place so it dont really matter just if it take more then a day ill have to find a place to sleep...
replyreply
RE: 2350 fuel pump
{shop name removed. no longer recommended} or Mr Hagg at Haggai Automotive and Diesel in Griffin GA, just a few miles south of Atlanta GA. You will need to call and make an appointment for either shop. Google their phone numbers. Good idea to have the pump looked at, they can go at any time. This would also be a good time to rid yourself of the mandate. Put some life in that motor, kill the soot monster, before it kills your motor.

As far as price, figure at least two hours labor for the pump to inspect, repairs are extra and any parts. If you kill the soot monster Mr Hagg has an all in one price, which includes "inspecting" the fuel pump, instal an EGT and Turbo Boost gauges, etc. It varies on truck and engine models but I know he tries to keep it around $3000 which is beyond fair and the job is done correctly. Any other repairs will be extra. Which again, is only fair. {name removed} does great work too, I don't know about his pricing though, but I believe it is in the same ballpark. I know of a few guys that have taken their trucks to him, they have nothing but high praise for the work that was done. I guess I am just partial to Mr Hagg because I have been to his shop and see the work they do. Hope this helps.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: lonestar16
(05-11-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  i have 284k on my motor when should i have the fuel pump rebuite and any good place i can take it to.any clue how long in a ball park on price it might be to get down.i live n maryland but run all over the place so it dont really matter just if it take more then a day ill have to find a place to sleep...

The bulk of pump failures that I have seen occurred after 450k miles or more. Having the guts replaced at 400k miles is what a lot of guys do, some sooner.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: lonestar16
ok so i still have a little bit of time to get more of my money right ..would this be a good time to get my valve set adjusted done or what time from r we talking about..3000 to kill the soot monster dont sound bad just not sure on the pros and con of killing it
replyreply
(05-11-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  ok so i still have a little bit of time to get more of my money right ..would this be a good time to get my valve set adjusted done or what time from r we talking about..3000 to kill the soot monster dont sound bad just not sure on the pros and con of killing it

If you care about your fuel mileage and overhead cams, then you should be adjusting the valves at 250k miles intervals along with all the other things you should do at 250k intervals.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
im not good working on the internal part of the truck in care about my truck..what all els should i bedoing at the 250k intervals ..
replyreply
I have 06 Cummins with diesel fuel in the oil and the shop says its possible it is the fuel pump. The fuel pump has 1million 200,000 miles on it and has never been changed. I have a CM870. Does anyone know how much one of these pumps costs?
replyreply
(05-11-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  i have 284k on my motor when should i have the fuel pump rebuite and any good place i can take it to.any clue how long in a ball park on price it might be to get down.i live n maryland but run all over the place so it dont really matter just if it take more then a day ill have to find a place to sleep...

I replaced on mine barrel and plunger kit at 350,000miles
Tappets at 450,000. I didnt see any damage on those when I replaced them.
It is not hard job to do. You can do yourself if follow cummins quickserv right.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BigRed6
For a 870... take off the old pump and take it with you as they have a core charge but the last one i got was about 600.00 and that was at a kw dealer in great falls mt(where mine sheered off the drivegear) very ez to replace did mine on the side of the road where it died :(
just make sure you got the right torx head for the bolts(4) that hold it in.

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.