Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
12-08-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
RE: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
(12-07-2018 )pearce trucking Wrote:  I have an 871 so I don't know all the differences in the 2250, but could you have bad head around injector cups? If fuel is that bad in the oil, maybe a fuel passage crack in the head? It's unlikely all 6 six Injectors would simultaneously go bad.

I didn't say all 6 were bad. They had 686k on them so I figured it would be smart to just change them all.
replyreply
(12-07-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  Just curious .... has the fuel pump been checked for the ceramic plungers? and yes I think a failed one could cause your problem, but it wouldn't cause over fueling.

According to the paperwork I have the internals were rebuilt about 2 yrs ago. I don't have the paperwork in front of me right now
replyreply
(12-07-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  Just curious .... has the fuel pump been checked for the ceramic plungers? and yes I think a failed one could cause your problem, but it wouldn't cause over fueling.
It would be under fueling correct? And it would be constant not intermittent
replyreply
(12-07-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Fuel in oil can be from fuel pump or (most likely) from fuel injector connectors. Did shop use new connectors when they installed reman injectors? If not, it's 100% will leak inside the engine head.
You need to run fuel rail pressure test, how quick fuel pressure drops. Make sure pressure release valve is not leaking.
Then put plugs on injector supply line to eliminate leaking one.
It's highly possible leaking is more then one injector. need to check one after one.
Cummins quick serve has all tests and procedures how it to do.
Looks like you are one more victim of impact wrench happy mechanic .

Supposedly the time before last the shop changed out the connector tubes. I can't say one way or another but I was charged for it but then again that shop also said my injectors were tested fine.
replyreply
(12-08-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  
Correct on the under fueling. From what I have read it starts throwing a code on hard pulls and gradually gets worse, that being said the truck will run for quite awhile during failure. I purchased a truck that had the cm2250 that was not running and the issue was the ceramic plungers in pump ....furthermore from the internal damage I could tell it had run for awhile during failure.
replyreply
(12-07-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Fuel in oil can be from fuel pump or (most likely) from fuel injector connectors. Did shop use new connectors when they installed reman injectors? If not, it's 100% will leak inside the engine head.
You need to run fuel rail pressure test, how quick fuel pressure drops. Make sure pressure release valve is not leaking.
Then put plugs on injector supply line to eliminate leaking one.
It's highly possible leaking is more then one injector. need to check one after one.
Cummins quick serve has all tests and procedures how it to do.
Looks like you are one more victim of impact wrench happy mechanic .

Supposedly the time before last the shop changed out the connector tubes. I can't say one way or another but I was charged for it but then again that shop also said my injectors were tested fine.

Well, we will never figure out what's going wrong without reliable test result. Shop's words or paperwork have zero value for me except few mechanics i know.
Here is my advise, get Inline adapter and Insite ASAP and run all required tests for fuel system diagnostic. Post results here and we can help. Otherwise it's just blind guessing and wasting money in shop.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack , Chamberpains
12-09-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
(12-08-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
Correct on the under fueling. From what I have read it starts throwing a code on hard pulls and gradually gets worse, that being said the truck will run for quite awhile during failure. I purchased a truck that had the cm2250 that was not running and the issue was the ceramic plungers in pump ....furthermore from the internal damage I could tell it had run for awhile during failure.

I have no codes at all
replyreply
(12-09-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  
(12-08-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  

I have no codes at all
Tamil, Snailexpress is correct you need to start understanding how the engine (fuel, electrical) systems work. If you keep telling shops to check this and that? or continuously allow them to work on it you will be broke. When you get present issue sorted out make sure you check your fuel pump for those ceramic plungers!!!!!! they are engine killers!!!!! No check engine light and no code? and engine is barely running? odd!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking
Stupid question but did they update the injector code from the injector to ecm when they did injectors?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.