Cm871 repeated same injector failure
07-06-2016, (Subject: Cm871 repeated same injector failure ) 
RE: Cm871 repeated same injector failure
(07-06-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Did anyone bother to boroscope the engine properly when it was replaced the first time?

Is the adjustment for the replacement injector being done correctly?

First, I would hope that you have a warranty on the injector. Next, I would have placed an old injector on number 6 after the second one failed.

Lastly, is the truck deleted or stock from factory with DPF etc. still functioning?

What does the tip look like and the top of the piston look like after one fails? Some pics would help.

Has anyone bothered to do an injector leak test on it to see if there are leaky injectors?

What does your DPF history look like?

Using any coolant or oil?
Everything is stock. I change oil every 10k miles. Half a gallon oil use every 10 k. 2637 fc is there when i check for codes. 1117 fc for ecm data erratic is 90% of the time there with 2637.
replyreply
I get big puff of white smoke when shifting gears. Idling fluctuates when cold during morning
replyreply
Yes STEALERSHIP assured me nothing is wrong with injector hole. Supposedly they boroscoped it. Who knows But i am not losing any coolant. Every time i have fc2637 90% of the time 1117 fc is also there. It is for ecm data erratic or intermitent
replyreply
Yes rawze leak test reveals inj 6 leaking air every time
replyreply
Sounds to me like possibly a crack in the head or or something. Have you tried swapping injectors and simply replacing o-rings to see what happens?

Does the cam/rollers look good?

Are any of the valves sitting high in their seat?

What is the detent clearance after setting the engine brake rocker correctly?

I am thinking that there is more to it that someone just hasn't caught, or perhaps something that is not being done correctly?

It could be running hot in only one cylinder,.. has anyone checked the thermal difference of the cylinders?

Has anyone pulled the intake manifold off and inspected it for soot packing? -- Maybe it is getting starved of air? or a blockage in the exhaust manifold?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze is always thinking! Are you putting the new injector in #6 or moving an old one? By now you should have all new injectors!
If you move one from another cylinder and it fails that is a symptom, not the problem.
Is the same shop doing the troubleshooting? Leak test should have been done already.

It seems that at 500k, just when warranty runs out lot's of problems surface. That is the beauty of this forum, shared experience with the same engine.
The whole lot of us have seen lots of problems and have worked past them.

I would be looking at the injector harness. Replacing 2 rear bank fueling and metering actuators would be throwing money at it but you're going to need them sooner rather than later.

The 2637 code will haunt you constantly. The white puffs of smoke are from it trying to regen, unless the doser is leaking fuel or coolant.
Ultimately there is only, the final solution, if you want to keep your sanity and make money.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
I had a bad head on my CM871, it did not use any oil between oil changes, and the only coolant loss I had was due to internal pressure of the exhaust gas building in my motor, which forced the coolant out of the lines at the clamps. So, in other words, you don't always have coolant or oil loss with a bad head. If you take it in to another shop, stand there and babysit them, or better yet, get the truck to someone like Gearhead that knows what he is doing. I feel for you buddy, this sucks.
replyreply
(07-06-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Sounds to me like possibly a crack in the head or or something. Have you tried swapping injectors and simply replacing o-rings to see what happens?

I am thinking that there is more to it that someone just hasn't caught, or perhaps something that is not being done correctly?

It could be running hot in only one cylinder,.. has anyone checked the thermal difference of the cylinders?

Has anyone pulled the intake manifold off and inspected it for soot packing? -- Maybe it is getting starved of air? or a blockage in the exhaust manifold?
Intake manifold is good because i did the egr tuneup new doser new sensors
replyreply
(07-06-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Sounds to me like possibly a crack in the head or or something. Have you tried swapping injectors and simply replacing o-rings to see what happens?

J
Stealership do the leak test finds a leaking injector and send me on my way
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.